Thursday 5 June 2014

Transfer News – Lampard’s MLS move rumours intensify

538px-Frank_Lampard_2008
After confirming that he will leave Stamford Bridge on Monday, Frank Lampard rumoured move to the Major League Soccer looks increasingly likely.
The English football stalwart has been with Chelsea for 13 years but decided to not renew his contract with the London club at the end of last season. The 35 year old has had a storied career with Chelsea, winning 11 trophies and scoring 211 goals, a club record.
It is widely expected that Lampard will be snapped up by American club New York City FC over the summer. At a press conference on Monday, Lampard confirmed his interest in joining the MLS franchise.
“I’d like to get it sorted after the World Cup. The American thing is an option, I make no bones about that,” he admitted.
“I’m looking at different options, but the main thing is I want to carry on playing. I feel very fit and fresh and I’m enjoying it so I will keeping I’d love to play for a few more years.”
Some online bookmakers have suspended betting on where Frank Lampard’s next club will be after an increase in the number of bets being placed on the Englishman joining the MLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment